Engine Specific Info and Questions > mTDI Mechanical TDI Conversions

mTDI / TDI-M Injection Pump FAQ

<< < (2/40) > >>

superspringer:
Sorry to ask what is probably a really REALLY obvious question - but what are the actual advantages in converting from electronic control to mechanical? Is it purely for ease of adjustment or is there some other reason?

jtanguay:

--- Quote from: "Tintin" ---No problem with 17mm main shaft, the fragile part of an axis is the place where the came plate is drived, 17 or 20mm are identical at this point.

I built several 17mm M-TDI pump without problem, one of them have over 100000KM on it, with 17mm I guess that the bushing will use more quickly.

Not to take only the head in consideration, a 14mm head with IDI came plate or 10mm with TDI came plate have exactly the same potential, thus one or other cause the same stress on the shaft.
--- End quote ---

thats good news because for my mTDI pump i want a 11mm head  :wink:  and i'm 99% sure its 17mm.

Tintin:
I forgot to specify, I only built 10mm head + TDI cam-plate with 17mm main shaft.

I already installed a 11mm head + TDI cam-plate on a 17mm shaft, but for only 1500-2000KM.

--- Quote from: "jtanguay" ---
--- Quote from: "Tintin" ---No problem with 17mm main shaft, the fragile part of an axis is the place where the came plate is drived, 17 or 20mm are identical at this point.

I built several 17mm M-TDI pump without problem, one of them have over 100000KM on it, with 17mm I guess that the bushing will use more quickly.

Not to take only the head in consideration, a 14mm head with IDI came plate or 10mm with TDI came plate have exactly the same potential, thus one or other cause the same stress on the shaft.
--- End quote ---

thats good news because for my mTDI pump i want a 11mm head  :wink:  and i'm 99% sure its 17mm.
--- End quote ---

32 VALVES:
I just got done doing my swap on my caddy 1z motor with a mechanical pump.  I dont know what its off, but it bolted right up to the pump bracket that had the tdi pump.  If I get some part #'s someone can tell me what I got right.  the power is not impressing but it was faster than the 1.6idi.  its running off wastegate spring pressure 10psi. Im new to this stuff so I need some to hold my hand in fattening up the fuel on this thing...

[/img]

vwsnaps:

--- Quote from: "superspringer" ---Sorry to ask what is probably a really REALLY obvious question - but what are the actual advantages in converting from electronic control to mechanical? Is it purely for ease of adjustment or is there some other reason?
--- End quote ---

I had the same question.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version