Author Topic: Bad vibration  (Read 1747 times)

October 23, 2012, 03:30:35 pm

Gator79

• Junior

Bad vibration
« on: October 23, 2012, 03:30:35 pm »
Car will idle with a normal diesel shake, but upon acceleration above 2000 it's get bad the whole dash and every thing inside eill vibrate. Timing belt will also slap enough to hit motor mount revving at idle.

New front and back motor mount but sides are old. Can the side mount cause the whole motor to vibrate at high acceleration?

Has anyone used the BFI stage one mounts with out shaking the car apart? They are from what I know the same duro as stock diesel hd mounts?

Reply #1October 23, 2012, 04:11:36 pm

R.O.R-2.0

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Pacific Northwest - Oregon - USA
Re: Bad vibration
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 04:11:36 pm »
Car will idle with a normal diesel shake, but upon acceleration above 2000 it's get bad the whole dash and every thing inside eill vibrate. Timing belt will also slap enough to hit motor mount revving at idle.

New front and back motor mount but sides are old. Can the side mount cause the whole motor to vibrate at high acceleration?

Has anyone used the BFI stage one mounts with out shaking the car apart? They are from what I know the same duro as stock diesel hd mounts?

side mounts support most of the engines weight..

the front and rear mounts just keep it from rocking..
92 Jetta GLI - Black, 1.6D w/ GT2056V turbo..
86 GTI - 4 Door, Med Twilight Gray, Tow Machine..
86 Audi Coupe GT - Tornado Red, All Stock.. WRECKED.
89 Toyota 4Runner - Dark Grey Metallic, LIFTED!

Turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.

Reply #2October 25, 2012, 02:08:52 am

vanbcguy

• Administrator
  • Veteran

• Personal Text
    Vancouver, BC
Re: Bad vibration
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 02:08:52 am »
Check the 4th pump bolt (the one below the injection lines on the pump).  If that is missing, the car will pick up some wild vibrations around 2K.  Ask me how I know......
Bryn

1994 Jetta - AHU M-TDI - Jezebel Jetta
2004 Jetta Wagon - 1.8T - Blitzen

S-PAutomotive.com